legislation on privacy and processing of personal data
We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the highest level of privacy regulation. Therefore, we follow the obligations set out in
- Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEA) and applicable provincial laws
- the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Brazilian Data Protection Legislation (LGPD)
- California’s Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and California Online
- Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
FIELD OF APPLICATION
This information is applicable to BARRACUDA INN RESORT websites and domains.
- Using our application and services as an authorized user
- By receiving any communication from us, including newsletters, emails, phone calls or SMS
DATA PROVIDED BY THE USER
When you make or try to make a purchase, we collect personal data as part of your order information.
The data in question includes the following:
- Account information, such as name, email address and password
- Payment-related information, such as billing address, telephone number, credit card, debit card or other payment method
DATA OF USE AND REGARDING THE DEVICE
When you visit a BARRACUDA INN RESORT website, we automatically collect and store information about your visit via browser cookies (files we send to your computer) or similar technologies. The user can configure the browser to refuse all cookies or specify when the sending of a cookie is allowed. The Help function that most browsers are equipped with offers information on how to accept cookies, disable them or notify the user of the receipt of a new cookie. In case of non-acceptance of cookies, the user may not be able to use some features offered by our service: we therefore recommend that you keep them activated.
We also process information when the user makes use of our services and products. The information in question could include the following:
- IP address
- Specific products viewed by the user
- Web search terms that led the user to the site
- Jet lag
DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THIRD PARTIES
We may receive your personal data from third parties, such as recipient companies of the services provided by BARRACUDA INN RESORT, business partners and other sources. The information in question is not collected by us but by third parties and is therefore subject to the specific privacy and data collection policies adopted by the parties in question. We have no control or influence over how third parties manage your personal data. As always, the user will have the right to verify and correct the information in question. For any questions, the user must first contact the interested third party in order to obtain further information regarding their personal data. If the third party in question is unwilling to respect its rights, the user may contact the Data Protection Officer at BARRACUDA INN RESORT (contact details below) to request our assistance.
Our websites and services may contain links to other websites, applications and services operated by third parties. The information management practices adopted by these services or by the social media that host our personalized social pages are governed by the privacy policies of the third parties in question, which the user is invited to check in order to better understand the practices. regarding privacy applied by the latter.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
With the consent of the latter, we collect and use the user’s personal data in order to provide, manage and develop our products and services and understand how to improve them.
Our purposes include the following:
- Provision of products or services
- Order processing, electronic and non-electronic shipments included
- Creating a safe and secure environment
- Verification or authentication of the user’s identity e
- Investigate and prevent security incidents such as breaches, attacks and unauthorized access.
- Delivery, development and improvement of our products and services
- Deliver, manage, debug and improve our products and services.
- Opportunity for the user to access the SAFARI AND EXCURSION services and set up accounts.
- Offer to the user of technical assistance and to customers.
- Organization and implementation of advertising and marketing activities
- Sending you newsletters and other marketing communications about current and future products, programs and services, events, contests, surveys and promotions organized by us or on our behalf and
- Organizing events or registering attendees and scheduling meetings at events.
When we process your personal data in order to provide a product or service, we do so because this is necessary in order to fulfill our contractual obligations. All the processing activities described above are necessary, in the context of our legitimate interests, in order to provide products and services and to maintain relationships with the user while at the same time protecting our business, for example in the event of fraud. . To start the provision of services to the user, the user’s consent is required. Further consent will be necessary in case of changes to the types of data collected. Pursuant to our contract, failure to consent to the user may result in the unavailability of some services.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We limit the sharing of your personal data with third parties to the methods indicated in this Notice or specified at the time of data collection.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how customers use the site. More information on how Google uses your personal information can be found here:
You can object to the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link:
We also reserve the right to use your personal information to make it the subject of targeted marketing initiatives through advertisements or communications (for example newsletters).
For more information on how targeted advertising works, you can visit the information page of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the following address:
It is also possible to refuse some of these services by visiting the dedicated portal of the Digital Advertising Alliance, available at the following address:
We reserve the right to use or disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, following a request from a public or governmental body, in the event of legal proceedings, or in order to prevent injury. serious or fatal or to protect our rights or property. Where possible and practical, we will notify you in advance if such disclosure becomes necessary.
SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
We may use a third party service provider, independent contractor, agency or consultant to provide and help us improve our products and services. Service providers may be located within or outside the EEA. We may share your personal data with marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers and others, but only to maintain and improve our products and services. For more information about the recipients of your Personal Data, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing information that your browser stores on your device. The information contained in this file is generally shared with the site owner as well as with potential partners and third parties of that business. The collection of this information can be used to improve the functioning of the site and / or your experience.
To give you the best possible experience, we use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary. As a web application, we need some cookies necessary to perform our services.
- We use preference cookies to help us remember how you like to use our services.
- Some cookies are used to personalize content and offer you a tailored experience. For example, your location could be used to provide you with services and offers in your area.
- We collect analytics on the types of people who visit our site to improve our services and products.
- We share cookies with third party advertisers and / or partners to provide you with a personalized marketing experience.
- We also allow third party partners to place their own cookies on our website.
We keep your personal data only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and to the extent required by applicable law. When this data is no longer necessary, we delete it from our systems and / or take measures to anonymize it.
We will not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16.
Depending on your geographic location and citizenship, your rights will be subject to specific local data privacy laws. The rights in question may include:
- Right of access (PIPEDA, article 15 of the RGDP, CCPA, LGPD)
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data on your account that we process.
- Right of rectification (PIPEDA, article 16 of the RGDP, LGPD)
You have the right to request the correction of any personal data we process about you that is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten) (Article 17 of the RGDP, CCPA, LGPD)
You have the right to request the deletion of personal data on your account that we process. It is understood, however, that we will not be required to do so if the conservation of such data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation or to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court.
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 of the RGDP, LGPD)
You have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data if you believe that such data is inaccurate or that our processing methods are illegitimate, or if the processing of such data is no longer necessary for a particular purpose. An exception is made in cases where we find ourselves unable to delete the data due to legal or other obligations or because the user does not want them to be deleted.
- Right to portability (PIPEDA, article 20 of the RGDP, LGPD)
You have the right to obtain the personal data held by us on your account, in a structured and electronic format, and to transmit it to another data controller, where (a) it is personal data that you have provided to us and (b ) such data is processed by us on the basis of the user’s consent or to execute a contract with the same or with the third party to whom the SAFARI AND EXCURSION services are provided.
- Right to object (Article 21 of the GDPR, LGPD)
Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing for reasons related to your particular situation. We will satisfy requests of this type except in cases where there are compelling legitimate reasons to proceed with the processing that prevail over the interests and rights of the data subject or if the processing is necessary for the assessment, exercise or defense of a law in court.
- Right to non-discrimination (CCPA)
You have the right not to be denied the service or to offer a different experience due to the fact that you have exercised any of the rights granted to you under the CCPA.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have authorized us to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without paying any penalty, as if you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications sent by us. If you wish to withdraw your consent, the user is invited to contact us using the data shown at the bottom of this page.
How to exercise your rights
You can request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data by clicking the Next button below.
To protect your privacy and security and at our discretion, we reserve the right to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
For any complaint regarding this Notice or any element of your personal data held by us, the user is invited to contact us using the form below. If this is not enough to satisfy you, you will have the opportunity to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority.
Users residing in the EEA are invited to visit the website
(http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/document.cfm?action=display&doc_id=50061) for a list of local data protection authorities.
To request a copy of the data for your information, unsubscribe from our mailing list, request the deletion of your data or ask a question regarding the confidentiality of the same, simply follow a simple procedure:
BARRACUDA INN RESORT – Watamu – Kenya
Write to us at:
Write to us at:
Simone Avola from DEVON MANAGEMENT LIMITED
OFF WATAMU ROAD, 80200 WATAMU, P.O. Box 174
KILIFI COUNTY – KENYA
Call us at:
+254 740 443 244